Shopping list – Items our shelves are short of…
We are very grateful for all donations to the Jubilee Foodbank, food can be brought to:
- The Congregational Church office on most weekday mornings
- Co-op, the collection point is near the tills
- The Nationwide Building Society
- Halifax Building Society
- Sainsbury’s Supermarket
- B&M Stores
- Most local churches also have collection points.
We currently have a surplus of sauces to go with pasta, baked beans and soup.
- Small bags of sugar
- Tinned meat, especially chicken
- Tinned rice pudding
- Tinned spaghetti
- Strong Bags for Life
- Tinned meatballs
- Hot dogs
- Fray Bentos pies
- Pot Noodles or similar
- Tinned fruit
- UHT Semi-skimmed Milk
- Jars of jam, marmalade, peanut butter, meat or fish paste.
- Tinned minced beef and onion, stewed steak, curry, chilli con carne
- Tinned ham, spam, bacon grill.
- Tinned veg, carrots, green beans, brussel sprouts.
- Tinned potatoes, smash, instant potato powder
- Tins ravioli or macaroni cheese
- Packets of instant custard, tins of custard, cartons of ready use custard.
- Any sweets for children.
If you have something else you wish to give, please contact us first as we may not be able to use it.
We definitely cannot use:
- Bread or short date cake
- No Beer or Wine or fruit in alcohol
- Anything fresh
- Anything frozen
- Anything that needs a fridge
- Anything home-made (including jam or pickle)
- Any Dried lentils and beans
- Anything that is out of date or damaged
Please check the date on the base of tins, sides of packets, top of jars or neck of bottles. Any out of date foods has to be disposed of.